A year ago, Reliance Jio started the trial of JioFiber with audit offers and it formally proclaimed the FTTH organization this year at the 42nd Annual General Meeting. As confirmed at the event Reliance JioFiber will roll out from September 5, 2019 and the plans will be divulged at jio.com and My Jio application. The minimum and maximum plan costs and speeds that have an add-on additional benefits that come with the service were informed by RIL chairman, Mukesh Ambani.
The highlights from the JioFiber broadband service are as follows:
- Tariff plans varies from Rs.700 per month to Rs.10000 per month.
- The speeds offered by the JioFiber service will start from 100Mbps and the maximum speed offered is 1Gbps
- Free subscriptions to some premium OTT video streaming applications will offered with the plan
- Jio’s First Day First Show offer which lets the users watch movies on the same day they are released in theatres. This offer will be launched in mid-2020 and will be available only for Premium customers.
- Customers opting for annual plans will get a free HD or 4K LED TV, Jio Home Phone and Jio Postpaid Plus service.